Thursday, October 24, 2013

3 for Thursday

I bought 3 new apps this week for the iPads in my library.  I am lucky enough to have 20 iPads housed in the library that the teachers can check out, but I get to use them when they don't.  Our PTA gave us some money to use for apps, so of course I started spending right away.
Strip Designer was the first one I bought.  I have seen so many greatl ideas for this app on Pinterest, I just had to have it.  I can't wait to get classes in for inferencing, categorizing, labeling...There are so many cool things.  I think the kids will love the speech bubbles and cool text effects of this app (they might even forget they are learning).

                                Puppet Pals HD      Puppet Pals 2
I couldn't decide between the two, so I got both Puppet Pals.  I love the sets of Puppet Pals HD, but in Puppet Pals 2, the characters mouths move and you can move the arms and legs.  The sets are more like real scenes instead of play stages and the characters can move through the scene as it is moving. You've already seen how we used Puppet Pals 2 for Digital Citizenship.

This one I am least familiar with but I wanted a book maker and I was debating between two.  This one looked like it has some great features and they are working on a web version that will work with the app version.  

How have you used these apps?
    

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Sara, thank you for this post. I thought I was going crazy! Have searched the internet for hours trying to figure out why I can't get the mouths in PuppetPals HD to move. Glad I'm not the only one! Have you tried SockPuppets, by the way? It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Madame Duckworth - so glad you found it. I love Sock Puppets too. The kids love how it changes their voices.

    ReplyDelete