Friday, May 20, 2016

5 Things I learned from Kinder Makerspace


Kinder had their first experience in the makerspace this week... or let me rephrase I had my first experience with kinder in the makerspace this week! ;) I had one kinder class in each day to make a pompom launcher in the makerspace.  I really had no idea how this would work so here are 5 things I learned...

1.  Kinder kids LOVE glue!

2.  Kinder kids have great ideas! Yank the red pipe cleaner, the cup moves and the pompom comes out.


3.  Kinder kids can make things better!  She started with the pompom on the end of the straw, but it kept falling off before she could blow.  She looked in the bucket and found the lid to spices that had holes in it. The straw went through the hole and the pompom sat in the lid.  


4.  Kinder kids can think simple... or complex.



5.  EVERY kid can be a maker!


And one last thing... God Bless Kinder teachers!  I don't think I could do it every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment