Monday, September 27, 2021

Lego and Pegboard Walls

I have been wanting a Lego wall ever since I saw Diana Rendina post about it on the Renovated Learning blog. My problem was I had no available walls in my open concept library. Most of my walls are shelves and I had one wall that had a row of computers on it. 
          

This year I was given a cart of chromebooks so I decided to get rid of my wall of computers and finally put up a Lego wall!  But why stop there? I had also been dying for a peg board wall since seeing this picture from the Oak Brook Public Library.

So I set out to make this happen.  I pretty much followed the instructions that Diana posted for the Lego wall. 


The pegboard wall took a little more thought.  While the board for the lego wall came in 4'x8', the pegboards did not.  They were 4'x2' so I need to figure out how to put 4 of them together. I knew I could put wood along the top and the bottom to attach the pegboard, but it made the middle of the boards wobbly.  I decided to glue 2 in blocks of styrofoam to the back of the pegboards to make them more stable. 

I left a 2 in. border around the top, bottom and sides of the whole board so I could attach it to the 2"x2" boards I had screwed to the wall for the frame. 

Once both boards were attached and sat over the weekend, it was time to let the creativity begin!  

A Book Holder

A fox

A flower, Among Us Imposters, and different shapes









No comments:

Post a Comment