Tuesday, May 23, 2017

When Your Own Kid Mutes You on Twitter

I have a 17 year old son who is on twitter basically to follow sports teams.  When he started on twitter of course I followed him and he followed me back.  I won't lie.  I was a little thrilled that he could now see into my life as a librarian and see me as a professional instead of just "mom".

And then I found out he wasn't.

I found out he MUTED me.  I asked him if he had seen a tweet I posted and he said he hadn't.  I asked him why not and he said because I "talk to much" on it.  I told him that we ridiculous and he he replied back, "Mom.  There are some night when you go on and on and on and have these weird A1, A2 things.  I don't even know what you are talking about.  I started laughing and told him those were twitter chats and that was how I learned things from other educators on twitter.  "Yeah, well it's annoying! So I muted you", he answered back.

At TLA this year, I was honored to receive the Texas Association of School Librarians Honorary Virtual Media Presence Award.  I sent my son this text and this was his reply.




No comments:

Post a Comment