Sunday, October 13, 2013

No Turning Back

I finally did it!  I am jumping into the blogging world!  No turning back!  You might ask what has taken me so long...  well, I didn't feel like I had anything to really blog about.  It wasn't until I went to a great presentation by 2 other librarians in my district that it hit me.  I want a place where I can share what is happening in my library and in my friend's libraries, and learn along the way.  I want a place where parents and teachers can see what a 21st century library looks like.  It's definitely not the same as when we were in school.  Gone are the days of the librarian "Shh-ing" kids for being excited about books.  Gone are the days of individual study carrels. Libraries now are a place of noisy, active learning and working together.  Kids talking and exploring and getting excited about learning.

Teachers and librarians working together to enhance curriculum.  That's what I want people to see.  I welcome your comments, discussions, ideas and collaboration as I start this journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment